• Students are expected to attend all lessons.
• Make up lessons cannot be guaranteed unless canceled by the teacher.
• Record your absence in the parent or student portal 24 hours before the lesson in order to receive a make-up credit. When other students record make ups, their empty lesson slot will be a make-up lesson slot that you may join to use your credit. Check your calendar in the portal to see if there are currently any available make-up slots with your teacher.
• There will be no make-up lessons given for Melodic Introductions or Itsy Bitsy Music Classes. You can, however, join a different class if space is available as a make-up.
• The instrument should be kept in tune and in good repair. If an electronic keyboard is used, it should have full-sized keys.
• It is recommended the proper bench/chair height and distance from the instrument be determined by the student's physical size. Some students may require a footstool if their feet do not touch the ground.
• Non-piano students should have a working music stand at home.
• Instrumental students should have all accessories needed to properly use their instrument. This may include cleaning supplies, shoulder rest, reeds, rosin, neck straps, etc. For more details, please check with your student's teacher.
• Nails should be trimmed prior to practice.
• Discussions with teachers concerning student progress, schedule changes, billing questions, etc. should be initiated at the beginning of the lesson or at a mutually agreed upon time.
• Tardiness: Student promptness is the responsibility of the student/parent; time lost will not be made up.
• The teacher should be advised of any learning disabilities or other special physical or emotional needs of the student or family.
• Parents and guests are always permitted to watch the lesson, but friends may be asked to wait in the lounge if they are disruptive.
• No smoking is permitted on the property, and unfortunately our landlord does not allow dogs on the property.
• Students may be asked to remove jewelry that interferes with proper playing.